Finland Elementary School
1835 Finland Ave | Columbus, Ohio 43223
Phone: (614) 801-8125 | Fax: (614) 279-3241 | Attendance: (614) 801-8126
Brittney McDaniel, Principal
May 15, 2020
As we finish the 2019-2020 school year, I want to say how proud I am of our students, our staff and all of our families for your flexibility, your commitment to learning, and your perseverance during this incredibly unusual time. As we move to summer and a break from school, I wanted to communicate some procedural details for later this month.
From May 26th through May 29th you can drop off/pick up the following items during one of these time slots: 8:30-11:00, 12:00-2:30, or 4:00-6:30. Our staff will be there to assist you, but there will be no contact during this time. Please keep children in cars as we follow safe distancing.
- DROP OFF -If you only need to drop off items, those will be collected in the front of the building using the CAR RIDER LANE.
- School Items: We are asking that all library books, any classroom property, and teacher-loaned materials be returned to the school. If you choose to continue to borrow a Chromebook for the rest of the summer, please remember that you will be held responsible for that chromebook and any damage that occurs; however, if you prefer to return it we will gladly collect those as well. If you plan on moving this summer, we do need you to return the chromebook at this time.
- PICK UP - If you are also picking up personal items proceed to the bus lane behind the building (cafeteria doors / playground area).
- Personal Items: If your child left personal items at school that you would like to collect, follow the pick-up line procedures by driving through the bus lane behind the school. If you do not feel comfortable gathering these items now, please know that we will safely store them until it is safe to return when school resumes in the Fall.
- NEITHER - IF you have no items to return to school and nothing to pick up, YOU DO NOT NEED TO VISIT THE SCHOOL SITE. Stay tuned to the district website for up-to-date information throughout the summer and we will be in touch with you in mid-August as more information is available.
- If you are planning to pick up or drop off at school during the times I have shared above, please know that for the safety of our staff and you and your children, no one will be permitted to enter the school building. For the safety of everyone, most importantly your children, please DO NOT plan to visit the school for social purposes, follow all directions while on site, and remain in your vehicle unless directed otherwise by our staff.
The staff and I realize that these are incredibly challenging times. Please know that we look forward to greeting all of you again sometime in the fall. In the meantime, stay safe, wash your hands, and read a lot of great books.
Spirit Week at Finland Elementary
FOOD DISTRIBUTION TIMES HAVE CHANGED!! The food will be distributed at the same schools and on buses from 11am-1pm Mondays and Fridays. The last day for food distribution is Tuesday May 26
To leave a voicemail in a teachers mailbox :
1. Call (614) 801-3190.
2. Enter the teacher's mailbox number.
If you don't know the mailbox number, you can search the directory by the teacher's last name.
Click the red bar above entitled "Teacher Telephone Extensions" to access the directory.
A message from one of our awesome kindergartners!
The most recent information regarding school closings, and electronic teaching and learning can be found on the homepage of our district Website at www.swcsd.us. Thank you for your patience as we work to keep our students safe and learning.
School Starts at 8:00am Tardy Bell at 8:20am
Change in Dismissal plans no later than 2:00pm
- Eagle Pride Assembly: Friday, February 28
- Spring Pictures: Thursday, March 5
- Third Grade Field Trip: Friday, March 13